Thursday, September 25, 2008

Ugly Casanova's "Sharpen Your Teeth"

Think about this: When was the last time seeing a music video got you into a new band? It's been quite some time now has it? Music videos have gone quite obsolete these days and band's usually rely on getting their song onto Gossip Girl or if they are lucky enough an Ipod commercial.

Now if you were to ask me what new band I got into from seeing a video I would answer with Ugly Casanova. Their terribly shitty video for "Things I Don't Remember" which I saw on a Sub Pop DVD a couple weeks ago, and can be seen below, grabbed my attention. For those of you who are Modest Mouse fans but not too hardcore of fans to know Isaac Brock also fronted this band should check "Sharpen Your Teeth" out.

Legend has it the band's moniker comes from the pen name of a crazed fan named Edgar Graham who snuck into a Modest Mouse show. Isaac Brock found one of his journals, I guess left at the scene, and used the journal for potential song lyrics. The band also consists of members from Califone, Black Heart Procession and Holopow.

Anyways, the video is so shitty that I liked it and downloaded the album. And even though the video is feces, the song is great and the album is solid. For those of you who have already seen the video, yes I meant to do that.

Check the video here:



And you can check the album out HERE.

No comments: