Saturday, August 30, 2008

At The Drive-In's "Relationship Of Command"

Good old At The Drive-In, this is still album album I can listen to after all of these years (8 Years already) and even though it doesn't have my favourite ATDI song (Lopsided) it is probably my favourite (Vaya is an EP).

I assume most of you guys/gals know this album/band if not you may know the bands that came from its ashes: The Mars Volta and Sparta. When they broke up you thought you would have gotten two amazing bands for your listening pleasure and for a while you thought right. I loved Sparta's "Wiretap Scars" and "Mars Volta's "Deloused In The Comatorium" could not be touched but both bands started slipping. I don't care what anyone says "Amputechture" sucks (I don't do LSD, so I guess that MAY be a problem) and Sparta dropped off pretty hard I'm still hoping for a Coachella reunion show/tour.

Anyways, if you haven't downloaded this album make sure to do so. The whole album is amazing "Enfilade" and "Quarantined" are probably my favourites on this album. I still don't know what the fuck Cedric is singing about half of the time but it doesn't matter. Expect to see this on my "Best Of the 00's" list.

Check it HERE.

No comments: