Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Beck's "Modern Guilt"

I just, just finished my first listen of this album and I have to say I'm really impressed. I haven't really been disappointed in a Beck album since "Midnite Vultures" and this album is the same from everything since - it's great.

Like I said, I can't really give an in-depth, track by track review of this since I've only listened to this once and 2/10ths but I can tell you that if "Modern Guilt" is the result of Beck and Danger Mouse working together, I hope they team up more often. This album seems more chill then his previous two, not really dance and hip hoppish as "Guero" and "The Information" and to me it is a very welcome change. I love how Beck constantly changes up his style from album to album.

You really have to forget that Beck is a Scientologist and comes out with brilliant fucking music. I can tell you that "Profanity Prayers" is my favourite track but the album as a whole flows together real well and so far, there is no unbearable tune that I would skip.

Check out "Modern Guilt" HERE.

And make sure to buy it too and comment on how you like the album.

2 comments:

M.Ho said...

Sorry had to do it.

Real talk, you can download it here: http://www.zshare.net/download/14518938db142ae8/

Anonymous said...

hahaha, you had me there. So funny. Happy I could disable the script :)