Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Ting Tings' "We Started Nothing"

I really don't want to have to hear/read another thing about this duo. People have been asking me a lot about them and I've been reading about them everywhere, even my shitty local paper.

Anyways, I haven't really formed that solid of an opinion on their music because I haven't been able to get past the first track. Not because "Great DJ" is terrible its just that its so catchy. I hate that Ipod commercial song and while I'm quickly listening to it as I type this I'm not really finding anything too enjoyable. They seem to getting mostly positive reviews except from those buzzkills over at P4K so maybe you'll enjoy this album - I guess its in time for summer, right?

I just really can't seem to take many of "these" types of bands seriously as it seems there are many bands like this jumping on the nu-pop bandwagon. I know for sure, the girl in this group use to be in one of those crummy late 90's manufactured pop bands, so they really don't have much credibility. I can't stop watching the "Great DJ" video because she is so cute in it but I wouldn't count on these guys having a great sophomore album at all. Definitely a one hit wonder but that still doesn't mean you can enjoy this band for the next couple of months.

Check it out HERE

No comments: