Thursday, June 26, 2008

"My Drive Thru" by Santogold, Pharrel & Julian Casablancas

Apparently Converse is doing this promo thing where three musical acts get together and make a song. I believe that this is the first song to come out for Converse, in the last issue if Spin they had an add that showed some of the other artists involved in this project as well. Only guy I can name off of the top of my head is that gangly dude from Deerhunter.

Anyways, this song is AMAZING - a perfect summer tune. I'm loving Santogold more and more (Pissed off she won't be at Lollapalooza anymore though) because of this song. This has to be the best thing Pharrel's name has been attached too. I'm not hating on Pharrel, I just like this more then anything else he has done. And regarding Julian, this is probably the best thing he's been apart of since "Under Control", you know that awesome song from "Room On Fire".

Check the track out HERE and tell me what you think.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

You are right on. I love this song. It's been out for a while, so maybe the next one is coming up soon.