Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Cut Copy's "In Ghost Colours"

I'm not even going to lie to you, I don't know anything about this band. I assume they are British or Canadian based on their spelling of "Colour". All I can say is that for the past two days I've had the first two songs stuck in my head ("Feel the Love" and "Cut There On The Ice") and have been enjoying this album way more then I should be.

At the beginning of "Feel The Love" I get the impression I'm listening to a Peter Bjorn and John outtake but then this dance-y crap kicks in and you realize they aren't really a rock pop band but a dance band. And as I was discussing with one of my friends last night a majority of these bands suck and probably won't be heard about in a year or two. It's harsh but true, but that doesn't take away from the fact that this album is pretty enjoyable all the way through. Bring this entry up in two years ago to see if I'm wrong, I know you won't bring it up if I'm right.

Anyways, here's the tracklist to give you the illusion that I've written more then I actually have:

1. Feel the Love
2. Out There On the Ice
3. Lights and Music
4. We Fight For Diamonds
5. Unforgettable Season
6. Midnight Runner
7. So Haunted
8. Voices In Quartz
9. Hearts On Fire
10. Far Away
11. Silver Thoughts
12. Strangers In the Wind
13. Visions
14. Nobody Lost, Nobody Found
15. Eternity One Night Only


P.S. While searching for a a tracklist I could copy and paste here, I found the "Themes" of "Night Driving", "Hanging Out" and "Sexy" listed on allmusic.com, there you have it folks. Also, I had to go to Ebay to find a copyable tracklist - what else did I find on Ebay? Front page, no lie, they have a listing for "Cosby Sweaters".

Check it out:
http://www.zshare.net/download/1310090341d30127/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Try Australian.