Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Santogold's Debut Album "Santogold"


As one of Rolling Stone magazine's last dedicated readers, I always look forward to their list issues. Even though their year end lists don't sit too well with me, I am always interesting in the "Who's Going To Be Big in 200-whatever" list.

Now, I'll let you in on something about my character, I hate hype and if you tell me to listen to a band I'll 80 percent of the time dismiss the recommendation. I have to read about the band or hear about them through people's music tastes I can actually trust - I'm just a picky loser like that. Anyways, when reading who Rolling Stone thought was going to be big in 2008, I was sick of hearing about Vampire Weekend and I thought that there was no way that I could be a fan of the two hippies in MGMT but in both cases I was really wrong and enjoyed both their albums. I then decided to give Santogold a chance a couple weeks ago after reading various posts on her and I haven't stopped listening since.

Now, digging Santogold's album is a real stretch for me because I'm not a real hardcore fan of her music but the album is soooooo catchy and good - I've been listening to it for the past week straight. "L.E.S. Artistes" reminds me of The Strokes + Gwen Stefani (But you know, black) and then there are tracks like "Creator" that get the obvious M.I.A. comparison. I think you should really check this album out for yourself - even if you're not a huge fan of her type of music. If you're have been listening to this as much as I have you'll probably be buying Bud Light Lime in no time.

http://www.zshare.net/download/12017629a93fea19/


No comments: